Monday, June 18, 2012

Koreantown's Koryodang is Closed



One of Manhattan K-town's Korean bakeries, Koryodang is officially closed. To me, it's finally closed.

Why?

I went there on March 20, 2011 and rated on Yelp immediately--2 stars. Then went back again (friend's diligent request), and still didn't change my mind about the bakery.

The pastries are ok. You can get better things at Paris Baguette, which I think it's the best bakery in K-town. The worst thing about Koryodang is that you are REQUIRED to pay an expensive beverage if you wanna sit at the tables. Everything all adds up and it's crazy---"Can someone tell me why this mediocre bakery is so expensive?" (Brian on Yelp)

In addition, their drink quality is not good either. Fellow Yelpers agreed with me:

"...get served fake-ass, powdered, watered-down bubble tea in a glass FULL of ice and artificial flavors." --- Leslie
"My friend ordered his [drink] without ice and they gave him ice." --- Jessica
"You can replicate the bubble tea that Koryodang sells by going to Staples...it's that chalky and artificial tasting." --- Jason


Another Korean bakery Tous les Jours is opening at Koryodang's location.

GL

No comments:

Post a Comment